Its getting cold and I’m adjusting too…
- I drink 6 cups of tea a day instead of 3.
- I wear a fuzzy hat, a puffy vest and cut-off gloves to work.
- I shower less and smell more (my water is solar heated – in the morning the water is too cold, at night the water is warm but the air is too cold).
- I sleep with a hot water bottle by my feet.
- I used to scoff at the puffy faux North Face jackets that are ubiquitous around Kathmandu; now I’m in the market for one.
- I stopped eating salad.
- I shape myself into a tightly woven ball when I sleep (instead of a splayed starfish).
- I replaced my bedroom fan with space heater.
I miss central heating and fireplaces and the sensation of warmth. But I’m learning that I can survive without these things.